About Our Code of Ethics
American Green has built the most effective and simplest set of tools available to companies needing forest-based chain of custody certification. We know that the simplicity of our system will encourage and support companies to obtain certification, thereby driving forward our collective environmental goals for the next decade and beyond.
Our Code of Ethics sets the standard by which we provide our professional services. We strive to provide an inclusive and respectful environment while providing an exceptional client experience.
AGC Staff and Consultants will:
- perform our work with honesty, diligence, and responsibility
- observe and comply with any applicable legal requirements
- demonstrate our competence while performing our work
- remain fair and unbiased in all our dealings
- be sensitive to any influences that may be exerted on our judgement
- treat those around us as we would like to be treated ourselves
Our communications will be truthful, accurate, objective, timely, clear and complete. We shall exercise discretion in the use and protection of information acquired in the course of our duties. Information shared with us will not be used inappropriately or in a manner detrimental to the legitimate interests of our clients. This includes the proper handling of sensitive or confidential information.
We do not condone violence and will not allow that to be in any of our communications. We strive to provide a safe place for everyone to communicate.
If you would like to discuss anything included in this Code of Ethics, or report a potential issue related to our Code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, additional contact information if desired, and a brief description of the topic for discussion.
Disclaimers for Social Media
AGC Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media avenues are all safe pages for discussion of certification and responsible industry practices. Please use appropriate language and be professional.
Interactions not in accordance with the American Green Code of Ethics or other industry guidelines (for example, the concepts embodied in ISO19011 section 4 and section 7.2.2, or the FSC Code of Conduct) may cause us to remove those interactions and limit your ability for future interactions.
To create a safe, comfortable environment for all members of this group, content information shared should remain in the group. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Post content related to our industry and forum.
- Comply with all applicable laws and corporate policies, including, but not limited to, those laws and policies regarding antitrust.
- Do not use violence or profanity.
- Treat other members with mutual respect.
- No personal attacks, sexual harassment, or name calling.
Conversation in this group is moderated. Posts or comments that violate group guidelines will be removed. Repeat offenders may be removed from the group.
Last Update: The AGC Code of Ethics page was last updated on February 1, 2022.