Sales and Support Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt / Nonexempt
Employment Status: Regular, Full-time
Location: Anywhere (remote)
Salary Range: $52,000 – $56,000/year depending on experience and education
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports To: CEO
Revision Date: November 2020
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sales and Support Manager plays an important role at American Green Consulting Group because they contribute to both growing and supporting our client base.
As a small company, we each wear many hats. Joining our team means you have the opportunity to be part of a small but growing group of people dedicated to making “doing the right thing” as streamlined and as simple a process as possible for our clients. We make a difference in a client’s life each and every day. In this position, you will have the unique opportunity to both shape your own position and provide input into the direction of the company itself.
Winner of a 2016 FSC Leadership Award, American Green Consulting Group is the premier consulting firm in the United States helping companies obtain forest certifications. From startups to Fortune 50s, a single location to dozens, AGC provides the expertise and systems to efficiently and economically obtain FSC, PEFC, and SFI certifications.
American Green prides itself on being a small company with big benefits. Matching 401k, Health Reimbursement Accounts, and profit sharing are all standard benefits at AGC. With flex time during the workweek and flex days off, as well as a monthly 5% volunteer time allowance, our goal is to be as supportive of our team as our team is of our clients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage the departing member termination process
- Onboard new members as needed
- Reset trademark portal for members
- Assist with the scheduling, confirmations, and document preparation for external audits
- Track and process annual member renewals
- General shared administrative/data entry duties
- Submit trademark jobs for review and approval
- Review technical documentation and update with pre-specified changes
- Respond to initial sales inquiries, and categorize clients into appropriate service area
- Schedule calls or follow up with technical staff when needed
- Compile and send client packages
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Previous sales/program management experience, preferably in the wood products or related industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients, vendors, and colleagues
- Flexible and quick to grasp new processes
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including SharePoint and Teams
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
The Sales Support Manager position consists of primarily administrative work, however, requires occasional manual work during events and resource drives, along with a small amount of travel.
- Ability to use computers and look at monitors for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to sit or stand for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to communicate professionally via email, phone, text, and social media channels
- Travel <20%
American Green Consulting Group provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, status as an officer or enlisted members of the military forces, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, marriage to a co-worker, hairstyle historically associated with race, or any other protected characteristic applicable under federal, state, and local laws.
All employment with American Green Consulting Group is voluntary and is subject to termination by you or American Green Consulting Group at-will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. There is no guarantee, in any manner, American Green Consulting Group will continue your employment for any set period of time.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice with direction from American Green Consulting Group.